Thursday 5 May 2016

Watercolour with Summer Silhouettes

This week I have been playing around with the Summer Silhouette stamp set .  I have has some ideas swirling  in my head and thought I best get them made before this set retires.  Three of the cards are of my own design. The remaining two came from ideas that I had seen on Pinterest.  One of the cards used a different stamp set and the other I altered slightly.

I will begin first with my own design using watercolour.   I stamped on the flower stem onto watercolour paper with Grey Archival ink. Using an aqua painter I washed in the flower heads with Blushing Bride. Then washed in Pear Pizzazz around the stems, followed by washing the remaining white space with Pool Party.  I dried it off before stamping the flower head with Wisteria Wonder. Washed it again with a little more Blushing Bride to soften and blend it. I dried it off again and applied some Silver Wink of Stella  to the flower head. 
It was then mounted onto some Pool Party cardstock. The card base used Pool Party and a panel of co-ordinating Colour Collections DSP.
I also used Pink Pirouette ribbon to complete it.
I will share another Summer Silhouette card using water colour on my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment