Friday 20 May 2016

Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies and Faux Embossing.




All you need to do for Faux Embossing in this card is to repeat cut lots of swirls using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Die from Emerald Envy cardstock. Adhere cut die shapes to co-ordinating card leaving as little gaps as possible.
After assembling my card I was not too happy with the result.  I thought the sentiment from Tiny Teeny Sentiments was too tiny and I had to add some bling to give it a lift.  That's when I added the sequins. One other idea I had was to have matted the faux layer with Silver Foil or Silver Glimmer Paper but I didn't have the heart to pull it apart. I also thought that the die cuts would have looked great adhered to the silver backgrounds.  It would them make a great wedding card. I will store that thought away for a future project!

No comments:

Post a Comment