Wednesday 25 May 2016

Swirly Birds and Emboss Resist



I had all my inks and watercolour things out from making the previous card and I thought that I would try some emboss resist as well.  Here's how it turned out.
I stamped with Versa Mark and dry embossed with white embossing powder.  I then sponged with Tip Top Taupe over the swirls and a little around the edges. I was thinking of the pattern on my doona cover - swirly flowers with white spaces roughly washed in. I took my aqua painter and roughly filled the white gaps with Mint Macaroon. Dried it off and wasn't happy so I added more mint to soften. Dried it off again and assembled it.  The base uses Mint Macaroon.  The decorative layer was mounted on Tip Top Taupe. Wasn't happy, so I got out ribbon, lace and Pearl Basic Jewels. Tried to make it soft and feminine.

No comments:

Post a Comment