Friday 12 October 2018

Colouring Using Stampin' Blends (2)

Today's two cards features more colouring using the same dsp from earlier in the week.  Monday's cards only had the background of the dsp coloured and today's cards were completely coloured in - no white spots.  This paper was so easy to colour as the design had the highlights already marked in shades of grey. When I colour with Blends I always have some scrap paper below to soak up any excess ink. This helps stop bleeding over the lines in unwanted spots. I usually start with the light shade, add the contrast with the dark shade and go over this and blend with the light shade blend. When I refer to contrast, I mean what's in shadow. This is usually where the petals overlap or the leaves touch. Alternatively, if you are unsure pretend that you are shining a torch down and work out what would be in shadow.
Hope you like my colouring and layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment