Friday 15 March 2019

Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

I have 2 cards to share today which feature a dry embossed background.  This embossing folder comes from the Happiness Blooms Suite. I ran two So Saffron card bases through my machine and simply love the textured backgrounds.














The ink colour combination for this card was Mango Melody and Granny Apple Green. Yes, two colour inks only! The behind flowers used second generation stamping. Love how this can stretch your colours.
I stamped out a flower on a 'Post It Note', cut it out and used the sticky part to keep it in place. Then using second generation stamping I stamped the flowers. The result makes it appear that they are behind when in fact they were stamped after. The process was repeated with the leaves.  To give some extra texture, I stamped a smaller flower from the set and raised it with a dimensional. I also used the set of triangular dots for the flower centres (don't know the correct term but you get what I mean). Anyway it was stamped with Versa Mark and white embossed. I stamped 'happy Birthday' from the Perennial Birthday Stamp Set. Then I cut across with my trimmer under the birthday in a line, stopping to fussy cut around the flower.


Well this card evolved from putting a green ink smear towards the bottom left corner.  So I got out Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Cut the largest circle to cover it. I liked the 'happy birthday' from the previous card so I stamped that out and layered it under the circle. The large flower from the Bloom by Bloom stamp set was the obvious choice. This I raised with dimensionals.
What a quick card this turned out to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment