Friday 1 March 2019

Brusho's

Brusho's have been around for quite awhile now.  If you don't know Stampin' Up! released a set of 5 colours.  They are water colour ink crystals which when mixed with water makes washes and designs.  There are 5 colours in the pack and they are Brilliant Red, Gambage (orange), Moss Green, Prussian Blue and Yellow. I have to confess I purchased these last year and they sat on my shelf. I decided to get them out and have ago after my daughter Hannah remarked, "How have you not used them yet!"

Hmm, well  Brusho's looked fun but you have little control over the final results (the crystals burst with colour when wet) and this is what stopped me I think.  Yes, you can make lots of unique backgrounds but you can do more too. So with caution I started. I think the best advice I can give
(if your a control freak) is to start with just a few specks whether you are adding to a wet or dry water colour paper or pallet. Of course, I didn't adhere to that advise strictly speaking with my first play after all you do need to see what the crystals can do!
After my initial play I became more conservative.
I stamped the flower and butterfly from the Beautiful Day stamped set with Versa Mark and embossed with white embossing powder. I then taped each down to a board ( to stop warping) and then spritzed the paper with water before tipping the crystals (Brusho's) onto the water colour paper.
Oh, the other best advice I forgot to say earlier was not to remove the lids but to pierce the lids with a drawing pin (to stop excessive crystals escaping - need only a few sprinkles). Store with the pin in the lid.
Well here's what I finished with. One I was very conservative with, the other not so. I didn't sprinkle madly, I did try to put , for example the yellow and orange inside the flower and green on the leaf.
I made 4 cards that I quite liked. Initially I thought some were going to end in the bin, but they survived! I shall share these with you over my coming posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment