Monday 4 February 2019

Seven Cards. from one sheet of the Botanical Butterfly DSP

During one hot day recently, when it is only good to sit in a cooled room I decided to do some colouring.  I pulled out one sheet from the Botanical Butterfly DSP which is made to add colour and cut it into 6 pieces measuring 4x6".  Doing so makes each piece more manageable and easier to use.  You have lots of small projects rather than one large piece which can be a bit daunting.  Saying that, I still had some hits and misses with my mini projects.  I had six pieces or 6 projects and I ended up with 7 cards. How can that be? The photo below might be a bit of a give away.
I ended up using both my Blends and Water Colouring Pencils but not on the same piece.
Here they are  from left to right-



1. Birthday Wishes Card.
I used my Blends on this piece. It turned out lovely, but I had a little trouble working out how to include a sentiment.
Finally, settled on a band of Vellum paper with a very narrow strip of silver glitter paper. The vellum mutes the background.  'Birthday' came from the Well Written Framelits. 'Wishes' was embossed onto the vellum with White embossing powder. It came from an old  stamp set Build a Birthday.


2. Blue and Purple Spotlight Butterflies Happy Birthday
I coloured the butterflies only, with my watercolour pencils.
The check panel is also from the same dsp pack and the Highland Heather Organdy Ribbon is another freebie from Sale-A-Bration. The ribbon was one of 5 in the Combo Pack. 
3. You Make Me Smile Card
This card was not coloured in the first photo.  I was going to make some black and white cards but decided against it. This card was coloured in a similiar fashion to the previous card, except I used  different colours with the green butterfly.
The sentiment stamp and thinlit come from the Well Said Bundle. 













4 &5. Two For One Card
I started colouring this piece with blenders and decided I didn't like how it was going, so I sliced it on the diagonal, changed the colour combination and finished the card on the left using the spotlight technique - colouring the butterflies only.
I went back to the small section and tried a combination of colours that were 'pale' or mute. I wanted the butterflies to stand out but I didn't want the background to overpower or become too busy. I think it worked with light blenders  - Smoky Slate -background, Crub Cake - daisy centre's, Highland Heather - Lavendar.

6. Bermuda Bay Butterfly
This one butterfly is all that survived from this section of dsp. I didn't like the Mango Melody flower that I coloured in, so after colouring the butterfly in shades of Bermuda Bay and  Pool Party, I fussy cut them out.
I rummaged through a box of leftovers from other projects and found this brayered background.  I think the colour comination was  Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cobana and Soft Sea Foam.  Added the black and check dsp (also from the same pack as the butterfly paper) and put it with a layer of white, then adhered it to a black card base. For a bit of bling I added a piece of silver sequin ribbon.
The 'happy birthday' sentiment stamp came from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.





7. Black and White Card
This card was so quick to make. No colouring and the sentiment from Well Said Bundle was the only stamping.  A little silver doily was adhered behind the oval sentiment and adhered with glure dots to the Silver Glimmer Paper. Looking at it now I think I could have added Some Rhinestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment