Monday 18 February 2019

3. Colouring Wonderful Romance

This is the last in my series of colouring the bouquet from the Wonderful Romance stamp set. My colouring this time used Stampin' Blends (Alcohol Markers) onto Shimmery White cardstock with Memento Black ink.  I find colouring with blends and watercolour pencils to be similiar but each has there own pecularities.
The blends have a light and dark pen. So the darker colour is coloured where you want it darker, like in shadows. The lighter colour is coloured where you want highlights, for example the tips of the leaves. I know that's simplified but hey that easiest and shortest way of explaning it.







Again I find when blending the colours or shades together I colour in circles.
You can blend different colours together. For instance the yellow flowers were coloured with Daffodil Yellow and Mango Melody. I added a line of Mango Melody to the tops of the petals, coloured up and down to blend with yellow.
It's best to sit down and make a swatch of the colours and samples of the colours that blend well together for future reference.







I like to use Shimmery White cardstock with my blends.  Stamp your images with Memento black and make sure that the ink has fully dried before colouring. Always have some scrap paper below to soak up some of the excess ink when blending. I prefer it to soak into the scrap rather than bleed on the surface.








Hope you liked this colouring series and that you join the colouring craze too. I find it relaxing and stimulating at the same time.
I am self taught and my skills have grown with practise.
My best advise when it comes to colouring is to have a go, and practise. I tried to keep it simple so that you have a go. It is a beginning which can be built on. Don't expect a masterpiece first off, practise, watch some  Youtube tutorials or come to one of my classes.










No comments:

Post a Comment