Monday 11 February 2019

2. Colouring Wonderful Romance




I water coloured with inks onto water colour paper with an Aqua Painter in my last post. Today I am using the same stamped which has been stamped with Versa Mark ink and silver embossed onto Shimmery White cardstock, water colour pencils with a Blender Pen.
Shimmery White cardstock is a good choice to use with an Aqua Painter or with a Bender Pen.
If I was colouring in a large page of a colouring book I would on most occasions reach for my Aqua Painter. For a small stamped image I would prefer to use my Blender Pen. I used my Blender Pen on these two cards.
Again I am self taught with colouring with Water Colour Pencils.  So this is my interpretation on how to use them.



When I got my pencils I made a colour swatch, and I played around with finding colours that blended well together and kept this with my pencils. This can be added to as you go along. I won't bore you with a long explanation of how I coloured this image but take the flower in the bouquet for an example,  the bottom of the Petals were coloured with Daffodil Yellow while the top portion of the petal was coloured with Real Red.  Then using the Blender Pen I started to colour up in circles up to the Real Red, mixing or blending it together and then coming down in circles. Hope you can follow that explanation.








The leaves I coloured in the same fashion but I wanted to add some light/dark and shadow into them. I used Old Olive at the base of each leaf and under or around leaves that were on top and Yellow Daffodil to the tips of each leaf. Not all of the leaf had colour layed down, in other words some areas of the leaf were not coloured. Again I used my Blender Pen and colouring in circles, moving the colour to white areas and up to the yellow tips, then working down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment