Tuesday 9 July 2019

Two Cards - No Line Water Colouring with Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set



I stamped off the large magnolia flower with Sienna Sand ink onto Shimmery White cardstock.  This makes for a lighter image that gets lost when colouring.  I did this twice so I would have two flowers to colour with my water colour pencils. Then I would sure to be happy with at least one to turn into a card.  As it turned out I was pleased with both and made two cards.
I used Rich Razzleberry and White pencils to colour the petals, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso for the centres of both flowers.  I did change up the colour combination on the leaves.  The top card used Granny Apple Green with Garden Green and the bottom card used Old Olive with Garden Green.
This gorgeous set does come with matching dies but I cut mine out as I did not want the white space around the edges. This was easy to do, as I don't mind fussy cutting. 
Changing the colour of the leaves then lead to two different cards when finished.  The top card using my favourite new In-Colour, Purple Posy while the bottom cards uses Sienna Sand card bases with co-ordinating dsp layers. I thought a little lace wouldn't go astray with both cards.  I added a 'thanks' from the Well Written die set for the bottom card but left the top card sentiment free, as I can add one later when the need arises.  I think it could make a birthday, thank-you, sympathy or even a wedding card.  It's good to have a versatile card on hand to use when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment