Monday 19 March 2018

Making More Cards using Blenders and the Petal Passion DSP

I didn't stop with colouring one design sheet from the set.  In this post I will share what I did with another design with colouring tips, layouts, techniques and more to make beautiful cards.
Again I started with cutting the sheet into smaller sections of 6x4" to work with. I chose to use my blends to colour with.  Each section looks a little different due to the design.  I had fun using different colours.  You can choose your own colour scheme.
When colouring you aim to have light and dark or variation in colour to show shadow, depths or highlights.  This paper shows you where to do this. Begin with the light shade and add the darker shade to the grey areas and finish by blending or colouring over with the lighter shade to complete the blending. Extra highlights can be added by using the Colour Lifter.
Here's what I did with my coloured sections.

  1. Simple layout featuring three bands of ribbon with a bow.
  2. In this card the 6x4" section was cut lengthwise, with one panel used on the card and the remaining pieces was adhered to the flap of the matching envelope.
  3. This card features the 'Spotlight' technique. One flower and leaf was chosen to colour to highlight  a section of the designer paper.
  4. The next two cards use the same layout. The section was cut on a diagonal and used to make two similar but different cards. Love both cards but I think a black and white card with a bit of bling is always stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment