Saturday 20 February 2016

Botanical Gardens Mint Birthday Cards.

I was needing a birthday card and remembered seeing a card by Emma Goddard on Pinterest that I liked and wanted to make. I set about copying the colour scheme and layout using white and Mint Macaron and a sheet of designer paper from the Botanicals Gardens DSP.  The flowers were cut using the Botanical Builders Framelits.  Then I made my own card using the same colour scheme but with a different card fold. Here are the two cards, my design is on the left.



I will run through how I made Emma's card and why I changed it up.


The card uses a portrait style Mint Macron card base.I found cutting the leaf border a little tricky but not difficult. I kept reversing it and ending up with a narrow piece of card instead of the wider white panel, but I will remember this for future use. A 2" strip of DSP was adhered to show off the border, unfortunately I adhered my flowers too far to the right and missed out on the full effect. The second flower was cut from Whisper White cardstock and sponged with Mint Macaron. I used small rhinestones in the mint flowers and the middle sized rhinestones on the sponged flowers. The sentiment came from a Hostess set - Because You Care.

I had a few leftover flowers, and as I really loved them, I thought I would make use of them in another card. I used a Whisper White landscape card base. I cut a 1 1/2" panel from the front of the card and adhered a 2" stripe of DSP to the inside (top) which became the front view of the card.  Arranged my flowers to the top front panel and stamped my birthday sentiment from another Hostess set - Happy Birthday, Everyone.  A real quick and easy card.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment