Tuesday 2 February 2016

Botanical Blooms (4)



I wanted to make a card using a panel of my own
Designer Specialty  Paper.  My intentions was to make it bright but different from the paper pack on offer from the catalogue.The panel measured 2 3/4" and mounted on a 3" piece.
Two of the leaves and two of the flowers were stamped randomly with the tiny flowers stamp filling in the white spaces.  The larger flowers had their centres stamped and the leaves had their veins stamped with their corresponding stamps. Tone on tone ink was used. The stamped flowers were completed with a rhinestone and Dazzling Details were applied to the tiny flowers.  The card base was also stamped with the tiny flowers stamp. Again tone on tone was used.

The large flower and one each of the leaves were cut using the matching framelits. The cut out leaves were also stamped with the corresponding leaf vein.  The large flower petals edges were sponged and completed with a flower medallion.
A sentiment to the left corner could have been included.  I think I will add this when I give the card away.
If I was to make this card again, I think that I would make the DSP panel smaller, maybe reduce it to 2 1/2". I also think that I would reduce the white spaces by stamping all the images closer or tighter together.  Further, I would rotate it and make a portrait card.
I found this card a great learning project and I am storing all of my suggested improvements in my head for a similar future project.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment