Monday 4 January 2016

Botanical Gardens

Well we're into the new year already! I hope it has started well for you.
I have been slow with my card making.  My crafting room has been too hot and I couldn't cope with walking back and forth to the air conditioned rooms.  There was always something I needed in the other room.  But I did manage to to make a few things.
I did purchase the Botanical Blooms bundle set of stamps, framelits and designer series paper. Bundles are always a great buy!
Whenever I get a new set of stamps, I like to have a play with them first.  Sometimes being creative and original is not always there.  For instance, I find the bold colour scheme a little confronting in the DSP and off putting.   So I start making the examples from the new brochure and then ideas start developing  with what I might do with them.
With page 26 opened before me, I thought I would begin with the gift bag with gift tag attached, then the card and have a go at making a dimensional flower.
Of course my finished projects are not exactly the same as in the brouchure, using a preferred colour, altering the layout a little and using different sentiments make them more me!
See what you think!






Then I came back a little latter and made my own card - Hello


I used Gajun Craze cardstock for the card base and stamin of the flower. Also used Crushed Curry cardstock for the second layer and main flower.
The sentiment from 'Because You Care' stamp set was stamped with Gajun Craze ink on a piece of Whisper White. The edges were sponged with Gajun Craze and so too was the main flower.
The two small flowers were cut from Mint Macaron.
The top layer and the two strips used the co-ordinating DSP.
The flowers were completed with Rhinestones.








No comments:

Post a Comment